2008-01-16

Photos: Bean at the halfway mark

We had a prenatal appointment on January 4th and our 20-week ultrasound. Bean is looking good! Bean is in the 48th percentile for growth. The ultrasound technician said his/her brain is nicely symmetrical, and his/her heart is like a textbook image with perfect balance between inflow and outflow.

Without further ado, here are the images:

Here's the full body scan. Note that Bean's legs are up, conveniently keeping the sex a secret, just like we asked! Such skinny legs...


Here's Bean facing the camera. Do I see some Kevin cheeks?


And here's Bean in profile. Too early to see if there's an Armenian nose yet...


I'm now obviously pregnant in profile. I went hiking last Saturday with Haan-Fawn and some of her friends from Urban Planning. They did not notice my pregnancy at first, until they saw me from the side!


Here's the belly button. Anyone want to start a pool on how long until I become an outie?


The other news I wanted to share is that, now that our baby can hear, Kevin is reading to Bean every night before we go to sleep. He leans in close to my belly and reads aloud from one of two baby books we've purchased, The Going to Bed Book or Guess How Much I Love You. The truly remarkable thing is that Bean moves every time he reads to her/him! Kevin can also consistently feel Bean move now.

We're becoming quite the little family already.

No comments: