2009-04-30

Photos and Video: Little Sylvia Moments

People frequently tell us how much Sylvia looks like Kevin (which is true—sometimes at night, the two of them sleep with their heads together, and the resemblance is beyond striking), but Kevin noticed that Sylvia does share some characteristics with her mama.

Here is Sylvia at 6 1/2 months:


And here I am. We're not quite sure how old I am in this photo, but I'm at least a year old.


(Yes, I did used to be a Filipina! We're not quite sure what happened.)

Once again, I have a huge backlog of Sylvia photos that I need to upload at some point. In the meantime, here are some clips from the video we have taken of our growing girl. These include the day that Sylvia first started to really walk! Kevin assembled the clips into a short film, but we had to break it up into sections to upload it.

In these clips, you really get a sense of how Sylvia's personality is growing and emerging. We can't believe what a complete person she is, and not even a year old! These last weeks before she turns 1 year, we are fully experiencing the bittersweet transition from infant to toddler. We love to watch her gain new skills and delight in her new powers, and we mourn how quickly her childhood is passing. (And yes, perhaps, feel that we are aging and mourn that, too!)

Enjoy!







No comments: