So I can't begin to post everything, but I'll try to provide a good sample. (I think I may be posting too much even in this first post, but oh well.) Our trip to NorCal started with our flight to Sacramento.
I have been remiss in taking photos of Sylvia with her daddy, so I tried to remedy that. Sylvia needed to stretch her legs after the flight, and of course she found the luggage conveyor belts irresistible! She climbed on this one just moments before beeps signaled that it was about to start up. I snatched her off just in time!

Here's Daddy swinging her around in front of one of the big luggage sculptures in baggage claim (I couldn't resist the backdrop):

And a more traditional Sylvia-Daddy shot:

Mezhaidig wasn't in Sacramento while we were there, but we stayed in his house at least. Sylvia spent some time in the big park across from the house:

Sylvia took three photos herself (not sure how deliberately—Kevin was surprised to see the photos). I liked this one in particular:

I just love the relative sizes—and relative ages—represented in this photo:

The best part of visiting Sacramento: getting the Sylvias together:

Sylvia is into diminutive things these days, wanting items that are just her size. She delighted in this chair, which was Mama's when she was two or so. I have a photo of me in this chair, which I should find and scan to juxtapose with this one:

The next day we drove to Berkeley to meet up with Sylvia's Aunty Meg (Kevin's step-sister) and her cousin, Charlie. Kevin took this amazing photo of Willard Park, which is in walking distance to Meg's house:

After Meg picked up Charlie from school, we had a picnic dinner at the playground. Charlie was wearing this awesome Batman T-shirt with a velcroed-on cape:

Charlie was a bit cranky when we first met up with him, but the park worked its magic on his mood:

Sylvia refuses to go up slides the conventional way. Walking around to the side and climbing up—who has the time? On shorter slides, she can go up by herself, but on one this size she needed Mama's help. She was alternating turns on the slide with the tow-headed kid in the background, who would shoot that red ride-on toy down the slide with a triumphant cry!

This ends installment 1 of the 25-part blog update of the NorCal trip ... only joking!
No comments:
Post a Comment