
So, did I say, when I embarked on this project, that I would refrain from posting political rants? Anyone have documentation on this? Hm. Well, I lied. A little bit.
When I lived with my friends Emily Bender and Hannah Doress, we used to hold a weekly Potluck 'n' Politics event at the house. People would come over, bring a dish, and be prepared to write their representatives. We would have one to three topics for letter-writing, and this was a great way to socialize, eat homemade food, and exercise our duties as citizens.
I miss this a lot, particularly at this time when our executive branch is playing fast and loose with our Constitution.
I'm not sure I could, in car-centric Los Angeles, get people to physically drive to my house, bring food, and hunker down to hand-write letters. (But if you are willing to do this once a month, let me know! I am dreaming of a First Tuesday event.)
In lieu of this, I plan to post political actions to this blog once a week. If you share my, ahem, left-of-liberal politics, feel free to tune in via RSS feed. The feed, for now, is for the full blog, but as I figure out this HTML stuff, I can probably refine it for the Political Actions label alone.
If you have an issue you would like to see action on, let me know and I'll consider it for the week's action!
For this week, I'm taking a page from MoveOn to encourage our reps to put the pressure on Cheney to answer subpoenas. Enough imperial- I mean, executive privileges!
Sign the petition!
No comments:
Post a Comment