Here's something I like to do when Sylvia gets a little fussy: snap her out of a mood by spinning her around on the top of my head. It works! She gets happy, I enjoy it, it's one of those win-win parenting situations.



Here's a few more photos from our visit to Aunty Ellen and Cousin Charlie in June. Sylvia was happy to lend a hand while Aunty Ellen was gardening:

Cousin Charlie was a model host and generously shared his toys with his little cousin. I think Charlie enjoyed taking advantage of Sylvia's pre-verbal stage and acted as her "translator," telling us her thoughts and desires. For her part, Sylvia found her cousin almost as fascinating as his hamster, named Hamstery.

We came bearing gifts, including a pair of fly's-eye-view glasses. Very fashion-forward, no?

Here's another pic from our trip to LACMA. It was the perfect spot to let Sylvia rip with her walker wagon, so she got her speed on! We delight in this capacity for unbridled joy:

We've taken Sylvia to the beach a few times this summer. Our little water baby adores the ocean, and every time she sees it, she says "Wa-wa! Wa-wa!" over and over again. I take her to the water's edge, and as the waves come in I say, "Here comes the water!" Sylvia leans forward and squeals with excitement and anticipation.

Ever since I bought my summer hat at the Brentwood Farmer's Market, Sylvia has decided that it is the ultimate cool accessory. Her first two spoken words that she has strung together are "Mama hat!" Here she is ensuring that Aunty Megan, Kevin's colleague and her favorite babysitter, is sufficiently protected from the sun:

Sylvia still only has four visible teeth, but she seems to be working on a whole bunch more. She has started chewing her fingers and palpitating her tongue, often with cute results:

I wanted to post two more devastatingly adorable photos. Here's another one from her nap on Daddy while at Aunty Ellen's. Here, Sylvia partially woke up, then fell back asleep as Kevin gave her a kiss:

Kevin took this one today. Sylvia was running around with a bare booty and was in a cuddly mood. Luckily, no accidents resulted during this photo session. While it doesn't surprise me that Sylvia enjoys being naked, the degree to which she revels in her nakedness does ... and it amuses me to no end. She tears around the condo, giggling like mad. It's quite glorious.
No comments:
Post a Comment